I don’t really post non-diabetic things here, so sorry if this is slightly out of the ordinary. I’m just trying to have a little bit of fun, and let you learn more about me! (And if you need to complain, see the comments section below).
So here it goes:
1. Four names people call me other than my real name.
1. In high school, my best friend called me “Rapunzel” because I had really long hair, and never “let it down.” Haha, yup it was always up in a ponytail.
2. Super-CALLA-fragalistic-expe-alladocious. Just cuz it’s funny.
3. “Calla Lily”. You have no idea how much this would annoy me when I was younger. Yes, I’m named after a flower.
4. Mrs. Lugnut – At our wedding, my sister’s maid of honor speech was the best I’ve heard! My hubby and I met because he “forgot” to put a lug-nut on my car. In her speech, she said, “You may now be Mr. and Mrs. Michalski, but in my eyes, you’ll forever be known as Mr. and Mrs. Lugnut!”
2. Four jobs I’ve had.
1. Ted’s Hot Dogs — first job.
2. Computer Lab Assistant — while in my early years of college. Good job, but working til 2am sucked!
3. The entire communications and marketing department at a small real estate firm.
4. Graphic Designer at a fitness club (current job & loving it!)
3. Four places I’ve lived
1. Mahopac, NY
2. New Rochelle, NY
3. Clarence, NY (outside of Buffalo)
4. Niagara Falls, NY
(AND hopefully soon, I can add Putnam Valley, NY to the list).
4. Four places I’ve visited
1. Zurich, Switzerland
2. Barcelona, Spain
3. Venice, Italy
5. Four things I prefer not to eat
1. Tomato Sauce
2. Pizza (I love it, but boy does it mess up my blood sugars!)
3. Oranges — to hard to peel
4. Whole grain breads, and carbs, and sugar. Oh my goodness — I hate diabetes!
6. Four of my favorite foods
1. Cheese. All and any kind. I’m a total “cheese-head”
2. Philly Cheese Steak
3. Hot dogs with mac & cheese
4. Stuffed Shells (and apparently my mother-in-law loves mine too — she recently asked how I made them! lol)
7. Four things I’m looking forward to this year
1. Closing on our first house
2. Renovating & painting our house
3. Visiting Orlando & enjoying some much needed sun
4. Our one year wedding anniversary. I can’t wait to actually taste our wedding cake! (Yes, I ate some on our wedding day, but my blood sugar was low so I pretty much shoved it down my throat. I can’t wait to actually enjoy it.)
8. Four things I’m always saying
1. “Whatever” / “Whatever you say” (mostly to my husband)
2. “You want this by when?” (mostly to myself, at work, whenever marketing plans are submitted way to late)
3. “Can you feed the dog?” (at home, to my husband while I’m cooking dinner)
4. “I wish I could do yoga tonight” (to my co-workers at 4:30pm when my blood sugars are lower than they should be)
So there you go! Hopefully you learned some interesting stuff about yours truly.
Respond below with some of your 4 memes. I’d love to learn more about you too (diabetes & non-diabetes related)!