REMINDER: Daylight Savings ends Sunday, November 2, 2014
If you haven’t already known, your supposed to turn your clocks back one hour tonight — which means an extra hour of sleep! Most people would be excited for this, but I am not so much. It’s scary to think about how my blood sugars are going to react over that extra hour, so I will still be waking up just like “normal,” a.k.a. one hour before anyone else.
On top of worrying about my blood sugar levels, it’s also fun to discover my meter and CGM all over again. If your like me, you have to go into a bunch of different settings until you can change the time on both your meter or CGMs… but I am going to make your life (slightly) easier! Below are the steps to change the time in your your Dexcom G4 Platinum Receiver and OmniPod Insulin Pump meter.
Dexcom G4 Platinum Receiver:
1. Press the SELECT button to turn on the receiver. The 3-hour trend graph shows.
2. Press the SELECT button to see the Main Menu.
3. From the Main Menu, press the UP or DOWN button to scroll to “Settings” and press the SELECT button.
4. From the Settings menu, press the UP or DOWN button to scroll to “Time/Date,” and press the SELECT button.
5. Press the RIGHT button to highlight each value in the date and time.
6. Press the UP or DOWN button to make any changes.
7. Press the RIGHT button to move to the next value.
8. The date format is YYYY/MM/DD.
9. Press the SELECT button after choosing “AM” or “PM.” You will return to the Settings menu.
OmniPod Insulin Pump Meter:
1. Click SUSPEND on the home screen to stop all insulin temporarily.
2. Enter the time duration. I simply chose a half hour because it was default, and really only takes a few minutes. Hit ENTER.
3. and finally CONFIRM.
4. Next click SETTINGS on the main home screen.
5. Click SYSTEM SETUP.
6. Click DATE/TIME.
7. Select EDIT.
8. Enter the new date and time. Select ENTER.
9. If information is correct, select CONFIRM.
10. Now you will be redirected back to the home screen. Now we need to turn off the insulin suspension.
11. Select RESUME.
12. Select CONFIRM.